Another thing I like about Movable Type
After getting MultiMarkdown and SmartyPants to play nice, I realized that all of my old pages and entries were formatted to use either MultiMarkdown or Markdown and SmartyPants, depending on which features were more important. I did not relish the idea of changing them all manually.
Fortunately, since everything is stored in a SQLite database, I figured there had to be an easy way to change everything at once.
Using Google, I found a page with a solution (since my SQL is not very strong yet):
I modified this to suit my needs:
UPDATE `mt_entry` SET `entry_convert_breaks` = 'multimarkdown_with_smartypants' WHERE `mt_entry`.`entry_convert_breaks` = 'multimarkdown';
Now, if I can just get the TextMate blogging bundle to stop defaulting to ‘markdown_with_smartypants’, I will be much happier.