Support for MathML added
I modified my Movable Type setup to serve compliant XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0.
To do this, I had to modify some of the default templates to be XHTML 1.1 compliant. Simply use the W3C Validator to find the errors and fix them.
Then, I added the appropriate markup to the header.
Then I changed my .htaccess file to default to application/xhtml+xml.
This may or may not have broken compatibility with MSIE, which is arguably a good thing. MathML still doesn’t work with Safari (not sure why they’re taking so long…), but it does work with Firefox.
I do not intend for this to be a complete walkthrough - if you need more details, Google is your friend.