Installing a module is easy: Create a modules subdirectory in your data directory, and put the Perl file in there. It will be loaded automatically.
This module allows you to require visitors to create an account and login before editing the site. A visitor registers for an account, and then is able to log in or log out as desired.
The actions required to do this are appended to the administration page, or can be linked to by the appropriate actions:
Try out a demo site:
At this site, you can try out the module and look for bugs…
- You can use the .htaccess file created with this module to limit access to other parts of your site as well
- Ability to update email address
- Ability to easily allow administrator to blacklist certain users?
- Better error messages - once logged in, if you try to edit using another visitor’s name, the submission is rejected, but the error message doesn’t explain why.
- 1.7 - Fix bug from fixing bug in translated strings that start with spaces
- 1.6 - Fix bug in translated strings that start with spaces
- 1.5 - Fix bug when $RequireLoginToEdit = 0